Mechanical Analysis Engineer
Senior Mechanical Analysis Engineer
Contract Assignment Flex 18 months, M-F 40 hours weekly with the possibility to transition to direct.
Client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Analysis Engineer with multidiscipline competencies to join the client development location. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in the finite element method, solid mechanics, and numerical methods. A background in both linear and nonlinear modeling, including elastoplasticity, contact modeling, or fatigue modeling is desirable, as well as any experience in multiphysics (Thermal/CFD) analysis. Good complex mechanical system intuition is also highly desirable.
- Interact with Client system architects leading the development effort of critical opto-mechanical (Silicon Litho) systems.
- Support system optimization by addressing technical concerns, providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance in a wide variety of application areas, particularly those involving structural mechanics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, electromagnetics, optics and multiphysics modeling.
- Develop both analytic and numerical models that show technical feasibility in a cross discipline coupled environment.
- Guide internal design engineers with supporting analysis through feasibility, concept, and detail design.
- Develop and teach junior analysis engineers.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mathematical modeling, computational physics, and software simulation.
- Genuine interest in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling & problem solving.
- Customer centric personal ethos.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.