Sr. Mechanical Development Architect
Direct Position, Full Time, Full Benefits
As a Sr. Mechanical Development Architect, you will be responsible for technically supervising the mechanical development of several portions of the clients lithography system, of other products related to lithography, and of their associated tooling. You will accomplish your mission primarily by interacting with, coaching and supporting architect and engineer colleagues from the Mechanical Development (MDEV) group, who have been assigned directly to each of the projects.
You will oversee and guide the mechanical development of diverse sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and optomechanics. You will be a guardian of the process integrity critical to our success as a development organization, ensuring compliance of each project with the established requirements management/specification derivation and documentation, design-decision-making, and design review guidelines.
On occasion, you will be called upon to become deeply involved in field escalations, requiring root cause analysis, immediate containment solutions and longer term design revisions for one project, in parallel with continuing to oversee the remaining projects.
- MSME or PhD with at least 10 years of practical experience in challenging mechanical design assignments, preferably in the semiconductor capital equipment industry. (BSME with at least 13 years).
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Mechanical design exposure to kinematics, dynamics, vibrations, heat transfer, material properties, structures, in-vacuum systems, cost, reliability and manufacturability.
- Ability to understand and create mechanical system architectures.
- Ability to discover flaws, when reviewing CAD models and detail drawings of assemblies and parts. Ability to propose fixes and better alternatives.
- Strong questioning, listening, explanation, reasoning, negotiation, persuasion, and arbitration skills.
- Effective interfacing with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- Quality focus, customer awareness, and process orientation.
- Creativity, initiative and vision to continuously improve our designs and processes, in order to keep up with aggressive roadmaps.