Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract 12+ Months M-F 40 hours weekly
CLIENT is seeking a Mechatronics / Robotics Design Engineer to join the Wilton, CT development location as we break new ground in the emerging field photolithography. As CLIENT pushes the boundaries of nano-technology beyond current state of the art, we have developed a need to develop high precision equipment while maintaining a focus on cost effectiveness and reliability. We are looking for someone to help pioneer knowledge in this developing area.
- Primary role will be a Mechatronics Engineer in the New Product Design & Development Team.
- Responsible for design and development of custom mechatronics systems, including translating stages, linear motors, sensors, servos, etc….
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs.
- Experience with understanding and troubleshooting legacy designs to determine potential new risks, failure modes, and corrective actions for new products.
- Participate in “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Integration of industrial robotics into capital equipment, developing with the cross sector team all related aspects such as dynamics, end effector design, controls, etc….
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques.
- Take direction from ASML System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Create documentation and Statements of Work for new product design and operation to be used in a clean Manufacturing Environment
Work with external suppliers to define and develop certain aspects of new product design while collaborating with internal cross discipline teams
- The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of mechatronics, control theory systems and servo tuning to be incorporated into end product.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics, or other fields.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Ability to run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging / optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities
MS or PhD Degree with 2 to 5+ years of experience and an Engineering Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or similar.
- Customer oriented team player willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering, and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- Customer-centric personal ethos.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.