Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract 6+ Months
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
Salt Lake City, UT
About the Job
Our client designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We are searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on the design and analysis of precision Gear Systems including Aerospace Actuators, Accessory Gearboxes and Propeller Drives.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding Aerospace company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Design and analysis of precision Gear Systems including Aerospace Actuators, Accessory Gearboxes and Propeller Drives. Other applications include Power Generation Gearboxes and Winch Drives.
- Expertise and experience in design of rotating equipment including bearing analysis, spur, helical and bevel gear design and analysis (AGMA)(CAGE)(ISO), aluminum, magnesium, steel castings and lubrication and cooling systems.
- Timely preparation of all associated engineering documentation including but not limited to Project Plans, Test Plans, Project deliverable documents and Engineering Changes.
- Create tolerance stack up report based on initial and final design.
- Maintain the technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to aircraft drive systems.
- Have experience in Aerospace Manufacturing Processes & Methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Five (5) years of relevant design experience (Aircraft Gear Systems Engineering, transmission or actuation related industry preferred)
- Minimum of 2000 hours experience with ProE/Creo or CATIA is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support Project Engineering and Project Schedules.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is a requirement.
- Experience in mechanical system design, integration and development.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of mechanical system design, integration and development.
- Broad technical knowledge of aircraft systems and awareness of current aircraft developments and technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Aerospace Manufacturing Processes and Methods.
- Work effectively in a team environment and maintain flexibility to take on tasks outside their direct responsibility.
These skills are a plus:
- Experience in Advanced Gear System Design Software such as MASTA and ROMAX is a plus.
- Analytical knowledge of Reliability, FMECA, Ansys, Nastran, RCCA and Six Sigma are desirable.
- Familiarity with formal Qualification Standards such as DO160, MIL-STD-810 and/or EUROCAE ED-14 is desirable.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary