Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract 18 Months, 40 hours weekly
Work is onsite, Mulitple Openings
The EUV source team operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology . The Mechanical Development Department is responsible for design, development and engineering for the EUV source modules. This position is in the tin management team for the next generation of EUV source mechanical modules. Client is looking for a driven, hands on mechanical engineer for design of complex mechanical modules, all while working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions for the EUV source.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with an assigned light source sub-system project through direct technical advice, schematics/design, approvals, and collaboration with Development Engineering team.
- Assists in providing a broad mechanical engineering design background and performs mechanical engineering analysis (stress, vibrations, thermal), design for control and distribution of inert and hazardous gases, air and water handling for thermal management of equipment and enclosures, large enclosure design, electrical component packaging, mechanical structural mounts and fixtures, design for manufacturability in low volume products, and design for configuration management.
- Assists in generating module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
- Assists in performing detailed design and component layout for new or improved subsystems.
- Assumes engineering responsibility for component and subassembly test development, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting.
- Performs tolerance analysis at system and subsystem level.
- Perform analytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules.
- Assists in a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Works with other Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supports driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Responsible for the research and selection of new suppliers with potential for turn-key provision of key subsystems.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise in the core technology area of the potential suppliers to reveal best design path and performance.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Can consider a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficiency in Solid Modelling with Siemens NX required.
- Proficiency in PLM software Siemens Team Center Engineering required.
- Proficiency in Engineering Change (ECN / ECR) process required.
- Proficiency in making 2D drawing and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) required.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis using Ansys or NX simulation preferred.
- Previous experience working in the Semiconductor industry preferred.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio & Outlook) required.
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving in a dynamic work environment.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary