Mechanical Design Engineer
Direct Hire, full benefits
Role and responsibilities
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling. You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or optomechanics. Precision machine design starts with understanding the functional requirements and deriving specifications. You will collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, generate detailed CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and testing.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
Education and experience
Minimum of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and must have project or work experience that includes mechanical design.
- Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Minimum # of years of relevant experience (see above)
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both written and oral.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
Preferred skills for this job include:
- Mechanical design exposure to kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
- Experience with 3D solid modelling for design conceptualization and realization.
- Basic experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress, strain, deformation, modal response, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing, communication and presentations skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time.
- Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.