Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type : Contract 6-12 month
Location/City : NJ - PRINCETON
Category : Mechanical
Region : Mid-Atlantic
Id : 25725
Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract 6-12+ months M-F 40 hours weekly
The Mechanical Engineer will provide a broad range of supporting services and be a proactive participant in a multi-discipline design-analysis team on complex designs for the NSTX-U experimental fusion device. The engineer will also be asked to provide cost and schedule estimates and participate in supporting other project management activities. This person will be asked to write technical reports and give clear oral presentations to design review and other project committees.
Essential Requirements or Skills
1. Mechanical engineering generalist with experience in machine design, component assembly and various methods of fabrication and joining
2. Ability to work within a design-by-analysis team proactively helping to solve complex mechanical issues
3. Ability to work with mechanical designers in implementing changes based on analysis results.
4. Ability to work with mechanical designers in the creation of appropriate CAD models for FEA or the ability to create CAD
5. Technical writing and presentation ofresults to large groups and design review panels.
Minimum Qualifications needed to perform the iob
1. Degree in mechanical engineering, Advanced degree preferred.
2. Documented experience in the design, fabrication and assembly of mechanical components, devices and structures
3. Strong 30 CAD modeling skills in PTC Creo or SolidWorks
Other Specialized Skills
1. Experience engineering very high magnetic field devices, MRI machines, accelerator facilities or nuclear fusion experimental facilities.
2. Experience working on high vacuum equipment, chambers and in-vacuum mechanisms
3. Strong working knowledge and proven experience in ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench and other ANSYS products like CFX or MAXWELL.
4. Documented work record in publications, reports and journal articles that can be verified by references
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Mechanical Design Engineer (#25725-MH1639)|