Mechanical Design Test Engineer, Contract
12-18 months, 40 hours weekly....
OT at 1.5X Onsite work with Hybrid, On 3 remote 2 days
Role and responsibilities
- Design mechanical systems and interfaces to meet test performance requirements.
- Optimize test setup design using TMF building blocks for cost effective and quality usage.
- Design, build, and troubleshoot mechanical assemblies and test stands.
- Write, review and communicate test plans.
- Execute tests according to test and project planning, analyze and report test results.
- Actively support the lab organization, safety, and sustainability actions.
- Actively contribute to the testing competency within Client.
It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, inspections, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
Education and experience
A degree in mechanical, mechatronics, or (applied) physics is required or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Masters with a minimum 4 years’ experience
- PhD with a minimum 2 years’ experience
Minimum qualifications - the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Experience in a relevant multi-disciplinary technical work environment.
- Experience with the design, realization, execution, and analysis of test setups on mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience designing high quality mechanical components in fixtures.
- Hands on experience with mechanical building and standard tool usage.
- Proficient experience with industry standard CAD systems (Unigraphics preferred, Solidworks, etc.).
- Preferred experience with plan and budget creation.
- Preferred experience in Matlab and LabView.
- Preferred Weibull, HALT, HASS test experience and/or failure mode analysis, especially from a materials perspective.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Goal driven, quality focused, team oriented.
- Hands-on individual with broad technical knowledge of mechanical and mechatronic systems.
- Flexible and able to progress within an uncertain and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to work with and understand complex plans.