Mechanical Designer/Drafter – 3 month contract
M-F 40 hours weekly possible extension
This candidate will support mechanical engineering for the unmanned system group with an emphasis on the production of robotics. The work will involve creating detail and assembly drawings for production technical data packages and implementing processes for good design and drafting practices. He\she will update 3D models and drawings per engineering change documents, check, create and/or modify detailed models and drawings using PTC Creo. He\she will work directly with engineers and manufacturing operations to support transitioning products from prototype to production.
The candidate must be proficient using CREO and Windchill.
- Must be competent with PTC Creo 3D parametric solid modeling
- Must be competent with Windchill PLM (promote request, problem reports, EC’s, etc)
- Capable of creating technical drawings; detail fabrication, cable drawings and assembly drawings IAW ASME Y14.100 and ASME 14.5
- Understand assembly Bill of Material structures (drawings and Windchill structures)
- Knowledge of design techniques including but not limited to conventional machining and sheet metal
- Design for Manufacturing experience desired
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical packaging including PCBA’s, schematics and understanding of cable drawings.
- U.S. Citizenship
- 2-4 years of experience in mechanical design/drafting
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree in design related field