Contract 3+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a product development company providing services to clients in the consumer, appliance, robotics and medical industries, is searching for a hardworking, responsible, talented Mechanical Designer to support our growing product development activities. Their customers range from global product companies to local start-ups. Their work is varied and fast paced.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Design Engineering team in the consumer product design industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Ability to model and detail in Solidworks 2018
- Experience designing injection molded parts
- Basic understanding of tolerancing and typical tolerance stacks
- Understanding of design for injection molding
- Rapid prototyping, machining and sheet metal experience
- Experience with document and design control.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years recent experience designing in Solidworks required
- US Citizens or Green Card holders only at this time
- Ability to independently resolve minor engineering problems
- Mechanical aptitude/Ability to assemble and debug prototypes
- Ability to independently conduct tolerance analyses
These skills are a plus:
- CSWP or CSWA certifications are a plus
- Experience with surfacing and consumer products a big plus
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary