Mechanical Engineer II
Job Type : Contract-to-Hire
Location/City : MA - N. Billerica
Category : Mechanical
Region : Northeast
Id : 25682
Mechanical Engineer II
Temp to perm or direct hire M-F 40 hours
Essential duties and responsibilities
* Will actively participate as a global team member with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
* Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers or drafters and support staff as required.
* Responsible for the design, prototyping, testing, specification and documentation of thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed mechanical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
* Drive projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
* Recommend materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
* Solve technical problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
* Strong understanding of Pro-Engineer and detail drawings /models applying large CAD Model assembly management skills.
* Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements
* Actively Participate in Design Reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
* Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
* Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs
* Organize and maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis. Must keep technical information updates and a folder system that works for the department..
* Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance
* Deal with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools in such projects.
* Strictly adhere to all company safety polices.
Skills and knowledge
* Good verbal and written communication skills. Must to be able to clearly explain the perspective of the engineering department to upper management as well as to the engineering team.
* Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices.
* Able to make decisions independently on engineering problems. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
* Understanding of sheet metal and machined part fabrication practices and documentation standards
* Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
* Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Other duties and responsibilities
* High Temp material selection - A ceramics background would be a plus, also corrosion experience.
* Thermodynamics - The understanding of heat transfer, phase transitions, chemical reactions
* Project Management skills, or willing to be trained in this subject
* Provide the ability to bring together component or sub-systems
* Manufacturing experience helpful
* Some travel may be required
Education and experience
* BS in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum of 4 - 6 years experience in an Engineer I or similar role
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Mechanical Engineer II (#25682-MH1639)|