Contract Assignment 12+ Months M-F 40 hours weekly
The Reticle Positioning MTD Group, a division of Client’s Mechatronics and Measurement Department is seeking a well-rounded engineer. This position will involve working on mechatronics, sub-nanometer linear motion control, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to client products. The main focus will be mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in lithography tools.
Candidate should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, preferably in the area of multi-stage linear motion.
· Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
· Experience with understanding and troubleshooting legacy designs to determine potential risks, failure modes, and corrective actions.
· Developing hardware with a cross sector team all related aspects such as dynamics, controls, translating stages, linear motors, sensors, etc.
· Knowledge of “classical control theory” and “digital control theory” including frequency domain, stability (Nyquist / Bode plots), Velocity-Acceleration-Jerk (VAJ), feedback / feedforward, dynamics, gain and phase, transfer functions, continuous / discrete feedback control, real time controls, etc.
· Experience with PID controllers, linear and nonlinear calibrations, flexible dynamics.
· Responsible for “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
· Participation of concept design studies for next generation equipment and subsystems.
· Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods in MATLAB / SIMULINK or similar tools, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques, particularly with their applications to control system simulation and implementation.
· Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
· Ability to run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
· Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
· Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities
· Take direction from client System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
· Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging or optical systems preferred but not required.
BS with 0 – 5 years of experience
· Customer oriented team player willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
· Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering, and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites
· High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
· Customer-centric personal ethos.
· Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
· High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.