Linear Motor Designer
Contract 12+ Months , M-F 40 hours weekly
Linear Motor designer in the Reticle Positioning MTD group of Mechatronics and Measurement US with concentration in deriving requirements, conceiving and analyzing options, and driving module level decisions. Documenting system functionality and planning and performing test to verify performance.
- The Reticle Positioning Group, a division of client’s Mechatronics and Measurement Department, is seeking an semi-experienced linear motor designer. This position will involve
- ideation, modeling, analysis and design of advanced, custom, one-of-a-kind linear actuators to meet requirements for new products
- predictions of extendibility of existing designs
- participation in the manufacturing process development
- root cause analysis of issues on older products.
- Candidate should have direct experience in the conceptualization, architecture, analysis, numerical modeling and design of actuators (electro-magnetic force components, heat management components, power and cooling interfaces, etc) including most, if not all, of the following:
- Strong understanding of the fundamental theory of electromagnetism and heat flow, ability to develop quick numerical models to prove concepts
- Analysis and design of permanent magnets assemblies, magnetic circuits, electro-magnetic cross-talk and leakage, magnetostriction
- 2D and 3D electro-magnetic modeling
- Actuator control (3 phase commutation, initialization)
- Reluctance actuation
- High power density heat dissipation systems
- In-vacuum systems
- Candidate will interface and work with other motor design experts, even overseas, to exchange knowledge and seek peer review
- Candidate will work with designers from supporting engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, controls, and supply chain engineers) and interface with manufacturers in order to converge on an overall design solution optimized for performance, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and serviceability.
- Ideal candidate will also have experience in the integration of actuators in a full mechatronic module with considerations for dynamics and control.
- Industry experience preferred but not required if otherwise qualified
- Minimum MS in engineering, or BS plus 5years experience with an emphasis on actuator design and modeling
- Candidate must have strong communicative skills with a commitment to achieving results on time.
- Candidate must have a strong technical leadership and drive the development to a quality result
- Ability to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team. Willingness to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training. Capability to thoroughly investigate technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab environment)
- Comsol, FEMM, or other magnetic modeling software experience.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary