Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is developing cutting edge 3D printing products. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design of parts, assemblies or complete subsystems. They will be part of the Hardware Engineering Team in a fast-paced and demanding startup environment. They will directly work on the product development cycle of subsystems, including but not limited to product engineering, product design, material selection, simulation, numerical modeling, manufacturing, testing and quality control.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Engineering team within an exciting 3D printing company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Responsible for completing hardware development projects with minimal guidance
- Create models and manufacturing drawings using SolidWorks
- Generate innovative yet simple solutions to technical problems
- Concept generation, design, and mathematical modeling of mechanical systems
- Interacting directly with suppliers for parts and assemblies
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of recent experience with design in SolidWorks
- 5+ years experience as a Mechanical Engineer working on precision machine design involving robotics or motion control
- Familiar with GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Ability to create project plans and test plans for parts, assemblies and subsystems
These skills are a plus:
- Really would like someone with Tribology knowledge (study of friction, wear, lubrication and interacting surfaces in motion)
- Experience working with rotary and linear encoders for motion control
- Experience integrating rotational bearings or linear actuators into designs
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for structural, thermal and vibration analysis
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary