Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, top innovator specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Their products and expertise range from high performance valves and manifolds to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conditioning systems. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for designing products to meet customer's requirements including all design, functional, material, and test requirements from the customer's component and sub-tier specifications.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas.
- Coordinating the creation of a preliminary bill of material in the business system and verifying its accuracy
- Create development testing requirements, development test instructions, and release of drawings for development hardware
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of customer-driven changes, with written notification to Contracts Administrator or Program Manager, including program impact assessment
- Ensure accuracy of all drawings/documents on the project, except purely drafting technique issues. This includes tolerance stack-ups
- Communicate technical and schedule problems, in a timely manner, to Engineering Manager / Director, Contracts Administrator, and Program Manager when applicable
- Manage all duties per ISO 9000: Procedure 4.1 Design Control
- B.S in Engineering is required as a minimum - Mechanical, Aerospace, or equivalent.
- At least 5 year’s engineering experience working in aerospace, defense or an equivalent high technology manufacturing environment.
- Experience doing design work in Pro-E / PTC Creo
- Knowledge of environmental testing in accordance with military and aerospace standards
- Solid analytical skills are required: stress analysis, heat transfer, fluid flow
- Ability to solve complex mechanical, static and dynamic problems
- Exposure to performing analytical solutions using tools such as ANSYS or Pro-E Mechanical
- Must work precisely, accurately, and with close attention to all details
- High level of mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Superior communication skills
- Defense/aerospace experience a plus
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.