As one of the Mechanical Engineers you will participate in the build-up of an engineering development/qualification unit.
• Review and evaluate the drawing package to improve the design for manufacturability, for assembly, for cost, and for reliability. •
- You will update parts and assembly CAD models as needed to reflect improvements.
• Author engineering documentation as needed for the mechanical elements of the TDP.
• Work with vendors as needed
• Perform various mechanical analyses on the design to verify robustness, suitability, and conformance to requirements.
• Participate in engineering testing of components and subsystems for confidence and reliability.
• Assist Manufacturing Engineering in developing the manufacturing processes for the system and subsystems.
Qualifications • Bachelor's degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering.
. • Good understanding of materials, material properties, and material behaviors.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience using SolidWorks.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary