Staff Mechanical Engineer
Contract 6+ Months (potential for temp-to-perm conversion)
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
San Jose, CA
About the Job
Our client is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. They are also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed/integrated by partner pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, forensic and diagnostic laboratories. We are looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer who will be a technical lead for development, modification or expert-level trouble-shooting of precision syringe pump and robot OEM component products. For example, you may have seen some of our instruments as well as our OEM customers’ instruments in recent news reports about Covid 19 testing around the world. In this dynamic and visible role, you will interact with customers, product managers and engineers. You will be responsible for creating mechanical solutions to challenging problems involving precision handling of liquids and precision motion from concept through release to enable applications in genomics, proteomics and other leading areas of life sciences.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding company supporting the Bio-Pharmaceutical industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Following generally accepted guidelines and technical approaches, performs the most complex tasks in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of new and existing products and applications involving instrument control.
- Evaluates and develops new technologies through hands-on experiments.
- Works closely with both Engineering and Marketing personnel to help define new product design and testing specifications.
- Provides technical guidance to and mentoring of the Mechanical Engineering staff as needed.
- Mechanical engineering expert participant in design reviews.
- Documents designs and writes release, verification and test procedures in conformance with the Quality Management System.
- Researches new general engineering practices, procedures and tools to maintain proficiency and experience with emerging technologies.
- May interface directly with customers to understand requirements or to assist in resolution of specific application problems unique to their respective products.
- Requires minimum of BS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent and 7-9 years of applicable product design engineering experience with some experience leading technical staff.
- Instrument design and/or motion control and integration experience highly desired.
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling design software (ProE).
- Good hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in design of sheet metal and precision machined components essential.
- Experience in design of molded plastics a plus.
- Design for Manufacturability & Assembly coursework desirable.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary