Job Type : Permanent
Location/City : FL - De Leon Springs
Category : Hardware
Region : Southeast
Id : 25549
Basic Purpose of Position: Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering principles, concepts, and practices. Responsibilities may include, design, development and test of complex mechanical engineering designs. Work closely with other engineering and functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of resources.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Use our policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
- Create 2D and 3D mechanical CAD drawings of components sub-assemblies and systems.
- Responsible for mechanical design, analysis and test of complex work product, systems or processes.
- Support designs with analysis and calculations including tolerancing, stress, mechanics and dynamics.
- Design die-cast, injection molded, and stamped parts.
- Design, analyze, test, or evaluate new hardware, components, products, systems, or processes.
- Proactively drive improvement in process design, layout, and operational performance.
- Apply failure analysis and root cause analysis as required within the engineering discipline.
- Provide support for product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN’s; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of six years related experience.
- Proficient in of SolidWorks 3D modeling.
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
- Knowledge of mechanisms, assemblies, hermetically sealed containers, and electronics packaging.
- Hands-on experience with development, building and testing of assemblies and systems.
- Experience in generating mechanical design documentation, and technical reports.
- Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
- Efficient in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must show high initiative, motivation, and have the ability to act independently to resolve technical issues.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Mechanical Engineer (#25549-MH1639)|