Job Type : Contract-to-Hire
Location/City : MA - N. Billerica
Category : Mechanical
Region : Northeast
Id : 25627
Temp to perm or direct hire M-F 40 hours
Performs mechanical engineering work that requires a high degree of technical competence. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles.
Essential duties and responsibilities
* Will actively participate as a global team member with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
* Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers / drafters and support staff as required.
* Responsible for the design, prototyping, testing, specification and documentation of thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed mechanical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
* Drives projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
* Recommends materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
* May travel 5-10% globally to solve technical problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
* Strong understanding of Pro-Engineer and detail drawings /models.
* Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
* Actively Participate in Design Reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
* Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
* Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs.
* Maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis.
* Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance.
* Strictly adhere to all client's safety policies.
Skills and knowledge
* Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices.
* Able to make decisions independently on engineering problems.
* Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
* Understanding of sheet metal and machined part fabrication practices and documentation standards.
* Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team.
* Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
* Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
* Microsoft Office.
Education and experience
* A minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years of experience
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Mechanical Engineer (#25627-MH1639)|