Mechanical Engineering Manager
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Direct/Fixed Hire, Full Benefits
Client is looking to fill the role of Group Leader within the Mechanical Development Engineering group. The role will require managerial and technical leadership for up to a 30 member group working on the concept, analysis, development and delivery of intricate lithography components. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background to be able to assume the leadership responsibilities while being a hands-on member providing support where needed. This is a very technical group where a complex engineering background and analytic thought are as important as inspiring leadership and people development.
- Responsible for people management and career development activities including recruiting, onboarding, training, mentoring, coaching, and performance evaluation.
- Responsible for leading a group to perform conceptual design, analysis, and research of new products and innovative changes to existing products using complex or novel engineering approaches and used advanced engineering tools such as solid modeling and FEA.
- Work with multiple engineering disciplines and co-developers to ensure timely realization of competitive, serviceable products that keep the semiconductor industry moving forward
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as robotics, mechatronics, or optical systems and developing the skillsets within the Mechanical Development organization to successfully realize leading edge complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and microchips.
- Responsible for resource management working with Project Leaders to anticipate program staffing and skillset needs and to optimally allocate work between onsite personnel and external codevelopers.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to further improve the quality and efficiency of the organization.
- Minimum 3 years in a technical leadership role
- Minimum 6 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a design and analysis intensive environment
- Previous experience within the semiconductor industry or precision engineering field preferred
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team and to senior management
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule
- Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering). Strive to enable your team to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
- Ability to inspire and coach individuals and groups to achieve career development and performance targets.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering preferred