Mechanical Outsource Manager
Direct Hire with full benefits and relocation if needed.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require Client to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Our client brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The role of Outsource Manager within the Mechanical Development Engineering group. The role will require managerial and technical leadership of up to 15 outsource suppliers with up to 250 engineers total working on the concept, analysis, development and delivery of intricate lithography components. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background to be able to assume the leadership responsibilities while being a hands-on member providing support where needed. This is a very technical group where a complex engineering background and analytic thought are as important as inspiring leadership and supplier management skills.
• Facilitate management of outsourced mechanical development activities with project teams and codevelopers, develop outsourced engineering capabilities, ensure quality document agreements and requirements, and drive teams to adhere to formalized contracts, Project Generation Process, and the Client way of working.
• Work with Project Leaders, Project Teams, Group Leaders, Codevelopers, and others as needed, to support projects in managing demands, making forecasts, plan allocation of resources, contact with codevelopers, develop and implement policies and practices, create short and long term plans, and contribute to the overall DE and MDev goals, capabilities, and strategies.
• Support research and development outsourcing of engineering services, including contracts and specifications of research and development activities, for project deliverables from conceptual through final design, simulation and analysis, reviews, validation and testing, documented release, and change management, using the clients way of working.
• Work with multiple engineering projects and co-developers to ensure timely realization of high quality, competitive, serviceable products for the semiconductor industry. Manage in line with corporate guidelines, (business) plans and strategy, in order to ensure the realization of (strategic) objectives of the assigned unit.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives to further improve the quality and efficiency of clients codevelopers contributions to DE projects.
• Seek and qualify new outsource suppliers where necessary together with procurement.
• Lead codeveloper performance evaluations and continuous improvement efforts.
• Manage codeveloper onboarding and training and user account and IT hardware administration.
• Accountable for codeveloper performance (schedule, technical, and financial).
Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering preferred or Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years in a technical leadership role.
• Minimum 10 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a design and analysis intensive environment.
• Minimum 5 years of outsourcing large and small engineering development projects with multiple codevelopers. This position will require managerial and technical leadership of up to 15 outsource suppliers with up to 250 engineers total working on the concept, analysis, development and delivery of intricate lithography components.
• Previous experience within the semiconductor industry or precision engineering field preferred, with research and development exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as robotics, mechatronics, or optical systems.
• Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with the demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
• Have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organizations.
• Demonstrated team player with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
• Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule.
• Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering). Strive to enable team(s) to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
• Ability to inspire and coach individuals and groups to achieve career development and performance targets.
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.