Mechanical Test Engineer
Mechanical Test Engineer
Contract 6+ Months
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
Salt Lake City, UT
About the Job
Our client designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Test Engineer. You will be a primary contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex equipment used to test military and commercial aircraft gearboxes and actuators.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding Aerospace company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Design and develop electro/hydro mechanical test equipment that meets and/or exceeds customer expectations as well as meeting challenging manufacturability and cost goals. Most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate. Duties include CAD modeling of assemblies and detail parts, CAD drawing, tolerance analysis, stress analysis, assembly planning and managing the BOM.
- Other duties include perform testing, work with assembly technicians for setup, repair, upgrade, and assist maintenance services in support of manufacturing and engineering test equipment.
- Project Management responsibility for managing Test Equipment Development Projects from conception through implementation.
- Write test plans, procedures, and reports based on industry test standards per customer requirements and per applicable specs to perform structural, environmental and performance tests. Duties include planning how the test will be performed.
- Generate support documentation of test stands including drawings, functional diagrams, specifications, performance capability, troubleshooting guideline, maintenance plans, ...
- Plan and arrange schedules and equipment required for testing and evaluation of test specimen.
- Conduct design reviews and test readiness reviews with internal and external customers.
- Create test reports that summarize the tests performed.
- Perform peer review of drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or related engineering is required
- At least 8 years’ experience in the aircraft mechanical component system test field
- Experience in the direct design of test stands, rotating machinery, fluid power, qualification testing
- Demonstrated experience with Creo CAD software
- Experience using universal drafting and design standards, including ASME Y14.5-2009 GD&T applications and usage
- Experience designing and working with hydro/mechanical systems
- Experience with static structural analysis
- Familiarity with gauging and understanding of range and accuracy
- Experience authoring test procedures and reports, and working with internal and external customers to verify that those reports support all program requirements
- Ability to work well with a team of experienced engineers and technicians.
- Project management skills
These skills are a plus:
- Expertise in Microsoft Visio is a plus.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary