Mechatronics / Robotics Engineer
Contract/Flex M-F 40 hours weekly 18 month Assignment, potential to convert to FTE
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
- Integration of "off-the-shelf" robotics into capital equipment, developing with the cross sector team all related aspects such as dynamics, end effector design, controls, etc.
- Development of custom mechatronics defined by demanding system specifications and requirements.
- Responsible for "sustaining engineering" tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Participation of concept design studies for next generation equipment and subsystems.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods, including "first principle" engineering equations and other techniques.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities
- Take direction from Client System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging or optical systems preferred but not required.
BS / MS / PhD with 0 - 5 years of experience.
- Customer oriented team player willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering, and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- Customer-centric personal ethos.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.