New Product Introduction Program Manager
New Product Introduction Program Manager (NPI PM)
Contract M-F 40 hours weekly 6-12+ months
NPI PM (New Product Introduction Program Manager) is the corporate product configuration and change control experts; maintains product structures from conception through production utilizing the company's PLM system. Creates and maintains product options and configurations. Initiates business process changes (internal and external), continuous improvement regarding Product Structure and Engineering Change with the goal of efficiency.
- Work closely with Product Management to release customer solutions
- Collaborates with product management and program management on a daily basis to develop a product documentation strategy with a robust product structure to supports current and future product option architecture (POA)
- Interfaces with Engineers and Designers on a daily basis to guide design solutions into BOMs that align with lean manufacturing requirements
- Lead collaboration with manufacturing to develop a product structure that aligns with the manufacturing build and material consumption points
- Lead collaboration with Materials and Spares to reduce and address E&O gaps
- Maintain the product structure and BOMs to enable effective materials management during the product lifecycle from C&F thru maturity and obsolesce (From C&F to Production Release to EOL)
- Chair/Facilitate CFT meeting with key collaborators to drive to solutions and alignment with cutin strategies, E&O and effectivities
- POC for all change control processes and strategies
- Regularly attends Program Reviews and Design Reviews to understand impact and timing (schedule)
- Performs documentation research for all parts/assemblies to be included in the Engineering change package to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to change control policies/procedures and design drafting standards. Makes decisions, provides recommendations and/or escalates based on the needs of the situation.
- Act as escalation point for gaps and unattended risks and issues until resolved
- Support business critical reports from engineering management and Product Management for internal or customer interface
- Hands-on working experience with configuration management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams comprised of both company staff and customer
- Demonstrated ability to organize own work in a fluid environment and multitask with staggered deliverables
- Experience in roles that demonstrate technical leadership and application of configuration engineering skills, with a track record of delivery
- Thorough understanding of system/product engineering lifecycle and challenges associated with it
- MS suite
BS (preferred in Configuration Engineering)
Non College Graduates can be considered but must include detailed list of applicable school projects with resume in lieu of work experience.