New Product Introduction Program Manager
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Manager will work in the Supply Chain department supporting the all Engineering development needs. The process is collaborative between the engineering and Supply Chain group. As new products are developed, the Engineering team needs to work with suppliers to understand their capabilities, pricing and lead times for small quantity, prototype parts. Given the volume of NPI activity, this role was created to assist both the Engineering and Supply Chain team manage supplier activity related to new products.
Fixed in the Engineering NPI teams to understand NPI project scope, supply base and timelines.
- Develop project schedule factoring in time for design, quoting, supplier manufacturing, build event, and all resources required – part of stage gate process.
- Manage cost down road map project. o Create cost roll ups and continuously update target reductions from procurement team - Coordinate:
o Create and manage tracking spreadsheets for various assemblies o
o Create mitigation plan on any delivery impact from supplier
o Engage with operations team to ensure NPI products are kitted and built when needed
o Ensure proper plans are in place for logistics, build event, and shipment
Excellent project management experience - Experience collaborating cross-functionally, ability to get things done in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Experience working with suppliers is preferable but not required
- Experience working with engineering teams is preferable. The ideal candidate will have some interaction with technical products and a range of materials.
- Ability to work within a schedule driven environment. Timing and a sense of urgency is a critical function of this role
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with MRP systems desirable
Required Education - Bachelor’s Degree required - Candidates with professional certifications will be preferred
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary