Optical Manufacturing Engineer
Contract 12-18 Months, M-F 40 hours weekly
US Citizen, or Green Card Holder
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Understand optical fabrication process for spherical elements, including:
- High speed polishing
- Diamond point turn
- Pitch polishing
- Optical metrology (radius, surface figure, Zernike polynomials)
Tooling design (NX or Solid Design software).
Interface with opticians & response to needs.
Creating work instructions/procedures.
Estimate labor/elapsed duration per process.
MS Excel, Word, Power Point. Good computer skill.
Communications, presentation skills.
Bachelor degree – Optical/Mechanical Engineering or Science or equivalent experience.
0-2 years experiences on the essential function.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary