Optical Systems Design Engineer
Optical Systems Design Engineer
Contract Assignment- 12+ Months
M-F 40 hours weekly
Our Client brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical / electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing SW. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system function and understanding the interaction with the rest of the metrology or lithography system is of fundamental importance.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
The main focus of this position will be:
-Leading the design team in test equipment development to find solutions to difficult technical problems in an efficient manner.
-Decomposition of top-level system requirements into lower level module, sub-module, or component level design specifications for product or test equipment towards the engineering team.
-Deriving specifications for module, sub-module, or test equipment consistent with our manufacturing practices.
-Development of alignment methods for complex optical sensors and systems.
-Development of tooling and test equipment to support optical sensor alignment methods.
-Develop clear understanding of optical tests needed for qualifying optical sub-modules.
-Preparation of leading system engineer documentation (Element Performance Specifications, Element Design Specifications, Test Performance Specification; Test Analysis Reports) through review, release and change control.
-Support preparation of design reviews for the development team.
-Write engineering procedure and train technicians to efficiently transfer the build/ alignment & test process to manufacturing.
-Supporting systems in the factory and in the field, by being able to relate observed sensor anomalies to potential system defects.
-Clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing technical activities to senior management.
-Understanding how the performance of the sensor system affects the performance of clients equipment.
Education and Experience:
Minimum MS in Optical Engineering, or Physics with an emphasis on Optical metrology. Candidates with BS in optical engineering or optical physics with at least 5 years’ experience in Optical Metrology will be considered, or equivalent experience.
- experienced with diverse optical metrology setups: Interferometers, Shack – Hartmann sensor, polarimetry/ellipsometry & Optical alignment.
- experienced in optical design/ analysis software like: CodeV and/or Zemax; FRED; MATLAB.
-Have competencies in: optical design theory, lasers, polarization, detectors, electro-optical devices and opto-mechanical constructions.
-Have strong written and oral communicative skills and a commitment to achieving results on time.
-Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering), strive to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary