Contract with Possible Transition to Direct
6+ months, M-F 40 hours weekly
The purpose of this position is to execute the planning process for loading and managing top level system work orders to support the Production Schedule on next generation systems that will control sophisticated mechanical/electrical/optical systems. Modify work orders upon receipt of customer configuration changes, communicate changes to the production floor in a timely manner, and expedite purchased parts as well as sub-assemblies to minimize impact to ship schedule.
- Works with other planners to co-ordinate the allocation of materials and plan for future periods as well as to review the current plan. Implements the decisions made by the team by modeling them in the Subassembly Production Schedule, and then manages the entire build from start to finish.
- Coordinates closely and continually with other planners to update the schedule in accordance with changes to the forecast, changes to tool configurations, inventory, and labor availability, etc.
- Incorporates ECN changes into existing work orders. Request cost roll-ups for all new assemblies upon initial ECN release.
- Communicates production plan changes and potential work stoppage issues. Proactively initiates solutions to scheduling, materials, and manufacturing challenges. Notifies purchasing staff when shortages need to be expedited.
- Provide input on to the Master Scheduler on item master settings such as Lead-time, Period of supply, Safety stock
- Generates, communicates, utilizes key performance data relating to schedule commit dates, activity levels, material status, and documentation accuracy to relevant managers
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or a related field and ten years of purchasing experience in a progressive organization that embraced modern best practices in supply chain and purchasing management. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A thorough working knowledge of planning in an ERP/MRP environment.
- Strong knowledge of SAP processes and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Must have strong written, voice and electronic communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and can-do attitude.
- An aptitude for technical product configuration, dates, numbers, and attention to detail
- Strong tolerance of ever-changing schedules, frequent reprioritization
- Thrives on fast-paced change and seeks to adapt to customer preferences and volatile market conditions.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in all aspects of work and has the initiative to develop and implement solutions to problems encountered.
- Strong aptitude and competence for all popular business software applications.
- SAP experience preferred
Education & Experience:
- BS/BS in Supply Chain Mgmt or related field.
- Four years of related planning experience in a low volume, high value, custom configured capital equipment manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, standard business practices, and production scheduling methodology.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary