Principal Design Engineer
Direct hire, full benefits relocation if required.
Must be a US Citizen and the ability to hold a security clearance. Current clearance is a plus.
We are seeking a senior design engineer to join the Harsh Environment Electronics group. As a principal member of the technical staff, the candidate will play a critical role in the development of next generation of hardware within the Electronics Division. Members of the Harsh Environment Electronics group support a variety of multi-disciplinary programs lasting an average of 12 to 18 months each. In addition to working on sponsored programs, group members are also encouraged to develop and participate in proposal development and internally funded research and development programs.
The ideal candidate is someone who works well in cross-functional teams and has extensive experience designing complex electronics systems with extreme temperature and rad requirements.
- System architecture design and trade studies. Proposal development and project execution
- Detailed electrical analysis and design for mixed-signal electronics
- Schematic capture, simulation, and PCB layout/oversight
- Prototype bring up and debugging
- Functional verification
- Performance characterization
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering (PhD preferred)
- 15+ years of work experience in mixed-signal electronic design
- Outstanding technical capability with strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Experience leading teams of engineers as well as a background in developing new products/business
- Excellent written and oral communication
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in all of the following areas of electronic design: High temperature electronics, Rad tolerant designs, wireless communications, parts specification, high speed digital, microcontroller software (using C/C++/or assembly), and FPGA firmware (VHDL or Verilog)
- Familiarity with signal and power integrity analysis tools
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance. A primary requirement for a security clearance is US citizenship.