Principal Engineer - Digital Electronics
Contract, M-F 40 hours weekly 12+ months
Principal Engineer – Digital Electronics
Candidate will be a key member of a technical team responsible for the development, design, and testing of high-reliability digital electronics for inertial navigation systems based on gyroscopes and accelerometers in extended industrial and military environments.
This is a senior-level technical position, responsible for developing concepts, architectures and solutions to complex issues, performing trade studies, presenting materials for peer review, and for seeing development activities through integration, qualification and into production.
Candidate will be responsible for specification/selection of embedded computing resources, high-speed communication interfaces and programmable logic devices as well as applicable supporting circuitry. Candidate must be proficient in circuit design and analysis using industry-standard analysis tools and circuit card layout.
Position responsibilities include producing documented circuit design specifications that meet and trace to system requirements satisfying applicable certifiable hardware development processes.
• Organizes, develops and conducts research studies, investigations, or analyses directed toward the solution of moderately complex technical problems or portion thereof.
• Gather, correlate and analyze technical information necessary to the accomplishment of assigned tasks.
• Prepares reports, charts, graphs and other documents.
• Digital circuit design for performance, signal integrity, EMI.
• Component selection and stress analysis.
• Ability to evaluate system processing requirements and perform trade studies establishing embedded computing specifications
• Strong digital design skills, focused on high-speed bus and peripherals
• Able to produce integration, qualification and acceptance test plans
• Knowledge of layout techniques for signal integrity and EMI
• Preferred having DOORS requirements management experience
• Good knowledge of current embedded processor and SoC platforms
• Knowledge in C, C++, VHDL languages, DO-178, DO-254 processes are valuable
• Test and Lab Instrumentation (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Drives for results, action-oriented, strategic thinker, visionary
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering, M.S. preferred
· 12+ years in electronics design and development
· Engineering Tools: DOORS (preferred), Matlab, MathCad, ECAD (Altium/Mentor), Microsoft Office
· Experience with defense/aerospace hardware/environments, MILSTD’s
· Team/group/project leadership experience
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available
· Must be a US Citizen or be a US Permanent Residence Card Holder
· Available to travel for customer and/or internal reviews and meetings
• Mentor signal integrity tools, Altium schematic/layout tools
• Communication protocols: UART, SPI, ARINC429, MUX1553, Ethernet
• High speed bus designs: PCI Express, DDR memory, SpaceWire
• Xilinx Zynq SoC, Microsemi SmartFusion SoC
Job Status: Contract/Temporary