Principal FPGA Design Engineer
Direct Hire, Salary, Full relocation
Active Secret Clearance Required
Principal engineers are responsible for architecting and specifying digital systems and organizing and directing design teams. The successful candidate will contribute to FPGA and embedded system development including design, synthesis, verification, validation, test & support. The candidate must have experience using high level languages (VHDL or Verilog), simulation and verification tools and be familiar with process flows supporting design and verification for digital FPGA and SoC efforts. Proficiency with Xilinx, Microsemi and/or Altera/Intel FPGAs and process flows including for embedded SoC development is required. Experience with ASIC/SoC design and implementation flows is required. Preference will be given to candidates with an understanding of cryptography, signal or image processing, filter design and algorithm implementation in hardware. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and have good technical presentation skills. Prior experience in system architecture and successfully delivering complex designs is required.
- Specifying and architecting systems
- Digital system design and verification
- Interface with PCB layout design resources
- Prototype bring up and debugging
- Embedded system programming for SoC devices
- Functional verification
- Managing design teams
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams
- MS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 15+ years of direct experience in the design of FPGA-based systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FPGA and SoC use in relevant applications.
- System modeling and analysis using Matlab, Simulink or similar tools.
- Architecting and specifying digital systems
- Experience leading small teams
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering with relevant industry experience.
- Prior experience working with cryptography, guidance, navigation or communication systems.
- Experience presenting and proposing work and writing whitepapers.
- Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Active security clearance strongly preferred