Principal Mechanical Engineer
The Mechanical Engineer will bring their experience and expertise to the strong engineering team. As the highest level of engineer, the person in this position will create innovative solutions to complex and technically challenging engineering problems. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, the Principal Mechanical Engineer will have the opportunity to design robotics starting at a conceptual level and also to guide and provide technical direction to less senior staff.
- You will create the concepts for products based on input from Applications Engineers and/or customers.
- Create detailed designs using parametric 3-D CAD tools. Create mechanical drawings for parts, sub-assemblies, and top level assemblies.
- Analyze mechanisms and machine elements for life, stress, deflection, constraints.
- Choose standard components - such as bearings, encoders, connectors, hardware, etc.
- Choose the proper fabrication technique for parts and assemblies, machining, welding, forming, etc.
- Determine tools and techniques for building, testing, troubleshooting, packaging, and installing products.
- Create design and test documentation such as Engineering Design Specification (EDS), and Design Verification Test (DVT) reports.
- Design tests to ensure mechanisms and components perform as required.
- Perform assembly and testing during New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
- Support procurement for NPI projects by working with internal team and local suppliers
The required skills:
- You must have the ability to design and analyze mechanisms and machine elements.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve as it relates to mechanisms. ? The ability to lead and guide other technical employees.
- The Principal Mechanical Engineer must have 15+ years of experience in design and development of mechanical products.
- The Principal Mechanical Engineer must have 5+ years managing personnel or leading development teams.
B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.