Principal Virtualization Engineer
Job Type : Contract-to-Hire
Location/City : VA - Falls Church
Category : Information Technology
Region : Mid-Atlantic
Id : 25707
Monday - Friday, 40/hrs
Six month contract-to-hire
Principal Systems Engineer with VMware expertise
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees
- Design, implement and manage high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environment
- Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
- Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
- Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Plans, manages time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
- Quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
- Conduct project based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
- Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
- Troubleshoot and deep dive into VMware infrastructure.
Must have qualifications:
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance including Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus computing environment certification and hold an active secret clearance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 6.x, or 5.x. related technologies such as clustering, high availability, and DRS.
- Extensive Troubleshooting Experience in ESXi/Vsphere
- Experience Troubleshooting VM Performance issues
- Hands on experience deploying and maintaining Operations Manager
- Hands on experience deploying and maintaining VMware Replication Appliance (VRA)
- Experience with Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.x and higher
- Monitor, administer, and maintain vCenter modules and configurations
- Support implementation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of VMware components to include vCenter Server, ESXi Hosts, Standard/Distributed vSwitches, vSphere Data Protection, Operations Manager, etc.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of a hybrid cloud integrate with multiple public cloud service providers
- Experience Performing installations and configurations of hardware and software as part of the overall implementation of the approved architecture.
- Experience conducting upgrades to firmware and changes to settings as deemed necessary to meet compliance and cyber security requirements.
- Experience implementing patches and upgrades to ensure the virtualization environment in compliance with latest VMware recommendations
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization storage VMFS data stores and Storage LUNs
- Experience analyzing and executing VMware performance tuning strategies leveraging various VMware reporting tools and capabilities
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving system failures and problems
- Knowledge of best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Nice to have:
- Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification a plus.
- Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with Redhat
- Strong background in Microsoft Windows technologies, such as Active Directory.
- Hands on experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies is a plus
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN’s, switching, and routing
- Working knowledge of Fiber Channel
- Hands on experience using vRealize Operation Manager
- Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box
- Intermediate experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, HP and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies.
- HP blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server and SQL Server experience preferred.
- Backup and disaster recovery experience preferred.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Principal Virtualization Engineer (#25707-MH1639)|