Program Manager- Direct Hire
Land Based Systems, Must be US Citizen and pass a pre employment Background Check
Our Client delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
Program Manager (PM) will support Land Systems business areas by managing large Programs of Record, overseeing multiple projects or managing Project Managers on new and ongoing development, production, and lifecycle support programs and proposals.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing/managing the design, development, manufacturing, test, delivery, and sustainment activities for internal and external (commercial and Department of Defense) projects. PM responsibilities include initiating projects by directly working with customer/sponsors to define top level scope and overall objectives, reviewing customer requirements, defining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimating durations/costs, developing schedules and critical path analysis, identifying and managing/reporting risks and overall performance to plan. The PM will be expected to use his/her skills and knowledge to identify programmatic issues and risks as they occur and provide direction or corrective action to maintain cost and schedule performance. The candidate must have outstanding communications skills required to manage internal teams and external customers. This is a highly visible position that reports to the Director of Programs/Projects.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Drive program execution to successful completion, on time in budget and meeting requirements.
- Develop and manage schedules, budgets, project plans and risk management plans.
- Oversee project teams, ensuring all members are aligned with program priorities and providing guidance to mitigate issues as they occur.
- Work with engineering leads and product managers to optimize, adapt, or re-scope projects, balancing customer requirements, business needs, resource availability, and risk.
- Manage, lead or support BD on proposal efforts
- Serve as the primary interface with program or project (internal/external) customers.
- 10 - 15 years of experience as a program or project manager or technical lead on technical development programs / projects.
- BS Engineering or Business or related field, MS or MBA desired
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Leadership and experience managing DOD acquisition programs
- MS Project – Must have hands on experience.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) – Must have 2+ years of experience managing with EVMS.
- Excellent People Skills – Must be capable of leading a team of technical personnel, managing conflict resolution and managing customer expectations to assure the customer’s needs are met without incurring scope growth.
- Scope/Requirements Analysis – Must be capable of working with a customer to translate the customer’s wants and needs to top level scope and requirements.
- Estimating – Must be capable of working with Subject Matter Experts to develop estimates for duration and cost.
- Schedule/Budgets – Must be capable of developing a WBS and translating that to a Microsoft Project schedule and able to develop budgets for all work packages in the WBS.
- Reporting - Must be capable of preparing monthly financial and status reports and preparing / briefing senior management and customers on project status.
- Proposals - must be capable of planning, writing, and delivering high quality proposals.
- Risk Management – Experience creating and managing risk registers, or other structured project risk management techniques