Our Client delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
As a member of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities.
Program Manager will support Maritime Systems business area by supporting new and ongoing Navy development, production, and lifecycle support programs. Program Manager will also identify and capture new Maritime business.
Manage design, development, manufacturing, test and installation activities for commercial and Department of Defense projects. Individual will be responsible for initiating projects by directly working with customer/sponsors to define top level scope and overall objectives; and reviewing customer requirements, defining WBS, estimate durations/costs, developing schedules, and critical path analysis. The program manager will lead a team to execute planned tasks to deliver specific scope on time and on budget. On larger programs, this individual may serve as a project manager supporting a program manager by directing teams, taking performance and updating schedules. The program/ project manager will be expected to use his/her skills and knowledge of the system to identify issues as they occur and provide direction to maintain cost & schedule performance.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for program or project performance.
- Monitor and control performance using techniques such as earned value management.
- Primary interface with program or project customers.
- Lead development of schedules and budgets using WBS, critical path and estimation techniques.
- Communicate weekly plans to the program/ project team; direct program/project team and provide guidance to mitigate risk and solve problems.
- Manage and lead proposal development efforts.
- 2 - 10 years as a project manager, technical lead, or control account manager on technical development program/project.
- BS Engineering, or BA Business or related field.
- MS Project – Must have hands on experience.
- Excellent People Skills – Must be capable of leading a team of technical personnel, capable of conflict resolution. Must be capable of managing a customer to assure the customer’s needs are met without incurring scope growth.
- Scope/Requirements Analysis – Must be capable of working with a customer to translate the customer’s wants and needs into top level scope and requirements.
Estimation – Must be capable of working with Subject Matter Experts to develop estimates for duration and cost.
Schedule/Budgets – Must be capable of developing a WBS and translating that to a Microsoft Project schedule. Develop budget for all work packages in the WBS.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Leadership and experience working on DOD acquisition programs.
- EVMS – 2+ years of experience managing with EVMS.
- Retired Navy with Program experience
- Experience with Navy LRIP and/or production programs
- Development and Maintenance of Logistics Management Information (LMI) in accordance with MIL-STD-1388-2B, GEIA-STD-0007, or MIL-PRF-49506
- Spares analysis and spares development
- Experience writing DoD proposals