Project Engineer - Electrical
Project Engineer - Electronics
Contract 12+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, top innovator specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Their products and expertise range from high performance valves and manifolds to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conditioning systems. The Project Engineer - Electronics is responsible for planning, control, and integration of engineering activities and the development of project deliverables to ensure the success of their project. Daily interaction with engineers, technicians, program management, and other disciplines (manufacturing, quality, etc.) as well as frequent contact with suppliers, test facilities, contractors, and customers may be required.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Technical project management of analog power electronic including conversion, distribution and control circuits and devices.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure successful and timely end-to-end implementation. Responsible for the overall success of the project while considering and balancing cost, technical, schedule, and risk.
- Work through resolution of conflicts and impediments to ensure successful delivery and that the team is motivated.
- Create and manage Project and Resource Plans.
- Coordinate and participate in the creation of the technical data package (TDP) including hardware configuration and supporting document deliverables.
- Create testing requirements, test instructions, and release of drawings for hardware including Acceptance Test and Qualification Test.
- Manage Development and Qualification Test Programs on site at Marotta and at outside test facilities. Testing is inclusive of MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-810 and DO-160 standards.
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of customer-driven changes, with written notification to Contracts Administrator or Program Manager, including program impact assessment
- Ensure accuracy of all drawings/documents on the project.
- Contribute to proposals in both technical content and cost estimating as related to power conversion, distribution and control circuits and devices.
- Communicate technical and schedule problems, in a timely manner, to Engineering Manager / Director, Contracts Administrator, and Program Manager when applicable
- Support Operations in problems which arise in the production of existing products as the need arises
- Manage all duties per ISO 9000: Procedure 4.1 Design Control and/or Procedure 4.2 Software Development Process, as applicable.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (other degrees will be considered with experience).
- Advanced technical degree desirable.
- 5+ years of design related experience in electrical systems engineering.
- 5+ years of technical project management in electrical system engineering
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents, including but not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, potential job candidates, etc.
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.