Project Management Officer
Contract M-F 40 hours weekly, 12-18 months Possible conversion upon completion of contract.
Position is hourly Non Exempt., Possible OT during assignment.
The Program Management Officer is responsible for supporting cross sector project (cluster) management by executing project management processes and methodologies and provides timely and accurate project information to secure effective decision making.
Are you eager to learn new skills? To be part of the dynamic and innovating working environment in our program management office and be crucial for supporting and helping to further strengthen our means and methods? If so, then a position as Program Management Officer for a corporate transformation program that goes by the name of ONE (Our New Enterprise), could be your perfect path.
- Enables effective decision making within Program by providing transparent and timely business information supported by accurate data.
- Supports Project lead(s) to secure quality project objectives (schedules, resource management, scope definition, presentations, risk mitigation).
- Prepares and facilitates workshops with the project- or program manager.
- Initiates and maintains communication channels with on- and off-site colleagues, providing transparent and consistent progress updates.
- Develops and continuously implements business improvement initiatives for the efficiency and effectiveness within the ONE program and Client organization.
Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Management, Engineering, Science) required or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years or MS Degree 3+ years (Business Administration, Management, Engineering, Science).
- Experience within matrix organizations, technical environments, PMO and/or project management and/or knowledge of the various standard P3 methods like MSP, MoP, PMM (based on PMBOK) and Agile a plus.
- Ability to work in a structured and accurate manner.
- Excellent communicator, process skills and being able to influence without hierarchical power.
- Adaptive personality capable of interacting with all levels of organization.
- Ability to work under time pressure and work with different time zones globally.
- Pro-active and assertive personal traits.
- Fluent in English verbally and written
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.