Must be a US Citizen and pass a pre employment Background check
Our Client delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
The Project Manager (PM) will support the Land Systems business areas on new and ongoing development, production, and lifecycle programs and proposals. This individual will be responsible for overseeing/managing the design, development, manufacturing, test and installation activities for internal and external (commercial and Department of Defense) projects. PM responsibilities include initiating projects by directly working with customer/sponsors to define top level scope and overall objectives, reviewing customer requirements, defining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimating durations/costs, developing schedules and critical path analysis, and managing/reporting overall performance to plan. The PM will lead a team to execute planned tasks to deliver specific scope, on time and on budget. On larger programs, this individual may support a Program Manager as needed by directing teams, updating costs and schedules. The individual will be expected to use his/her skills and knowledge to identify issues as they occur and provide direction to maintain scope, cost and schedule performance.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for program or project performance.
- Monitor and control performance using techniques such as earned value management.
- Serve as the primary interface with program or project (internal/external) customers.
- Lead development of schedules and budgets using WBS, critical path and estimation techniques.
- Communicate weekly plans to the program/ project team; direct program/project team and provide guidance to mitigate risk and solve problems.
- Manage and lead proposal development efforts.
- 3 to 10 years as a project manager or technical lead on technical development programs/projects.
- BS Engineering, BS Business or related field.
- MS Project – Must have hands on experience.
- Excellent People Skills – Must be capable of leading a team of technical personnel, managing conflict resolution and managing customer expectations to assure the customer’s needs are met without incurring scope growth.
- Scope/Requirements Analysis – Must be capable of working with a customer to translate the customer’s wants and needs into top level scope and requirements.
- Estimation – Must be capable of working with Subject Matter Experts to develop estimates for duration and cost.
- Schedule/Budgets – Must be capable of developing a WBS and translating that to a Microsoft Project schedule and able to develop budgets for all work packages in the WBS.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Leadership and experience working on DOD acquisition programs.
- Experience with EMD, LRIP and/or production programs
- Experience writing DoD proposals