Quality Control Manager
Quality Control Manger
Temp to Direct or Direct Hire
M-F 40 hours weekly, 100% On Site
Purpose of Role:
- Leadership and Development of the quality assurance team
- Liaison with customers and design engineering to establish product quality specifications, test protocols and procedures specific to individual products and contracts
- Management of product testing to ensure compliance to specifications, identify variations and initiate re-work.
- Identify process improvements to assist productivity, process efficiency and minimize waste
- Preparation of process documentation and instructions and in collaboration with operational managers establish appropriate training plans and records
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Quality Plans as required to insure adherence to quality specifications in each product from design stage to delivery.
- Carry out Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis in order to reduce the probability of non-conformities and early life failures
- Participate in investigations in to failures with the objective of establishing root causes, corrective and preventive actions using 8D and other investigative techniques
- Create, review & update Test Methods commensurate with product conformance verification requirements
- Control of calibration of test and measurement equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Oversee inspection and testing of raw materials, work-in-progress on sub-assemblies and completion of final inspection tests for finished goods.
- Preparation of 1st Article inspection reports
- Factory Acceptance Testing
Testing Product Returns
- Carry out product survey and complete analysis and distribution for re-work
- Evaluation of client complaint and reported faults
- Write qualification test reports
- Write investigation reports on returned product
Management of External Testing Resources
- Sub-contracting to external test houses
- Identification and selection of suppliers for external and internal testing
Documentation Checking and Authorization
- Signature of process planning instructions including intermediate and final inspection stages
- Carry out internal audit of quality systems and procedures, manage relations with external auditors and insure sub-contractor compliance with minimum audit requirements.
- Follow-up on audit reports to identify and implement recommendations and solutions including training, plans, writing and revising procedures and updating documentation.
- Develop and record skills matrices for operators and inspectors
- Identify skill gaps and development potential. Develop training plan and budget to insure the availability of
critical skills and build capacity for the future.
- Manage the effective implantation of a calibration program for electrical, mechanical and production test
equipment and maintenance of calibration records.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. Degree level qualification in electro-mechanical engineering or commensurate experience
2. In-depth understanding of Slip Ring technologies, manufacturing and reliability requirements
3. Significant experience applying Engineering Quality Management in a design and manufacturing environment on
a commercial scale, including supervision of product testing and inspection techniques.
4. Through knowledge of ISO 9000 rules and regulations and proven experience of implementing systems and
procedures to audit standard.
5. Knowledge of software required to create
- vibration and shock programs for environmental qualification tests
- temperature control programmed for the environmental control chamber
5. Attention to detail and strong sense of structure and organization to ensure 100% effectiveness of quality
procedures and testing
6. Effective communication and influencing skills to create productive partnerships with stakeholders, management
peers, operators and customers
7. Leadership capability impacting on direct reports and internal customers to ensure efficacy of Quality
management processes and a positive influence on the development of quality standards and productivity
8. Standard PC skills to facilitate report writing, presentation and analysis. (Word, PowerPoint Excel).
Autonomy, Complexity & Decision Making:
The efficient identification of shortfalls against specification and appropriate resolution and the maintenance of Customer confidence is critical to the long term health and reputation of the business. Profitability is impacted by the ability of the incumbent and the quality management team to quickly identify issues and solutions and to find ways to improve manufacturing effectiveness and minimize waste.