Release Train Engineer / Scrum Master
Contract 12-18 Months, 40 hours weekly
This position requires candidates to be on site 40 hours weekly
Role and responsibilities
- As an RTE, you will lead the EUV Engineering Teams (Hardware & Software).
- Deep understanding of Agile and SAFe to guide and coach the Agile Teams on best practices.
- Lead multi-disciplined, development team of 30+ Engineers to ensure in-spec, on time, delivery.
- Ensure the overall performance of the Agile Release Train (ART) & strive for delivery excellence.
- Create transparency and alignment on ART status by coordinating and facilitating ART ceremonies.
- Ability to organize the Program Increment (PI) Planning Event on a large scale team.
- Optimize flow by tracking, reporting, and measuring ART Performance.
- Ensure delivery excellence by keeping the ART stable and shielding it from external interfaces.
- Defining the required competences for the ART and staffing the ART (functionally).
- Foster communities of practice and the use of engineering and built-in quality practices.
- Seek constant iteration for ART performance, improvement, risks & impediments.
- Align and interface frequently with internal resources and suppliers in the US and Europe.
- Create project plans (schedule, resources and material requirements) with assistance from Project Leadership.
- Regularly report on metrics and trend analysis for the ART while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
- Organize, plan and host multiple workshops between suppliers and ASML employees.
- Align with cross-sectors on regular basis to ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Understand proper escalation paths and acts accordingly.
- Delegate tasks and follow up by tracking to completion.
- Manage system and team interdependencies.
- Properly manage impact of changes of your system to the total machine.
- Relevant knowledge in one engineering discipline (mono or multi).
- Manage design and program risks as well as program requirements.
- Drive and lead the team to complete their deliverables while presenting and highlighting pertinent information to key stakeholders.
- Candidate is able to assess and address technical risk based on input of architects and design engineers to help mitigate scrum team risks.
Education and experience
- B.S. Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Physics or similar Engineering minimum, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years in a RTE type of role or similar prior experience with 5+ years Agile Experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Engineering experience in a mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, or software engineering environment preferred but not required.
- Previous experience within the semiconductor industry or precision engineering field preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with project management preferred but not required.
- Good planning and analytical skills, ability to lead multifunctional teams.
- Proven success in team or task management.
- Able to “lead”, not just “manage” a team.
- Takes initiative by showing strong ownership and commitment.
- Clear decision maker and well-organized.
- Ability to multitask and make quick priority calls on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.