Reliability Test Engineer, Contract
Reliability Test Engineer
Contract 40 hours weekly 12-18 months
This role requires on site work
Role and responsibilities
- Setup reliability test on HALT test machine and on other test benches. Run reliability test according to test plan. Monitor the test, complete the test, collect original test data and prepare preliminary test report.
- Maintain HALT test machine, other test equipment and measurement instrument in reliability test lab.
- Keep reliability test in order and meet 5S+1 standard.
- Work with reliability engineers and design engineers on test plan by making suggestions and through discussion.
- Prepare the material, tools and instrument according to the test plan.
- Support reliability engineers to complete final test report.
- Keep reliability test lab in order, maintain test equipment and instrument (annual calibration).
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical/mechanical/industry engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in test labs, experience in reliability testing is a plus.
- Familiar with operation of common lab instruments, such as oscilloscope, multiple meter and etc.
- Hands on experience in designing accelerated mechanical, operational, environmental stress tests.
- Direct experience in testing electrical modules and/or parts (preferable in semiconductor or medical equipment) using HALT chamber.
- Experience in data acquisition and testing automation using Labview or other scripting.
- Medium-high knowledge of electronics (analogue and digital: power supplies, microcontrollers).
- Proven troubleshooting skills for problem identification and resolution.
- Practical experience in working with soldering/de-soldering equipment, high pin count capsules, SMD components and mechanical tools.
- General lab safety knowledge.
- Understand the role of hands-on test engineering.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Self-initiate, self-driven, self-discipline and good time management.
- Target oriented work style and willing to take challenges to meet target.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Be able to communicate effectively (open, clear, concise and professional).
- Team player with ability to work other engineers