RFIC Characterization Engineer
RFIC Characterization Engineer
Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
San Diego, CA
About the job
The RFIC Characterization Engineer is responsible for validating leading edge RF Integrated Circuits, developing of measurement systems of RFICs for mobile wireless and commercial/industrial applications; focusing on test solutions for mobile RF Front End ICs such as RF switches, LNAs, and Power Amplifiers. The job requires expertise in RF and analog measurements to ensure that projects are accurately characterized prior to release, combined with disciplined project planning to ensure that schedules are met. The RFIC Characterization Engineer may be expected to manage the project schedules, generate system specifications and create effective measurement solutions.
- Characterization: Work close with product designers to develop, evaluate and maintain optimum characterization plans for new product development. In addition to the characterization process, these include standard for conditions, quantities and in-process QA criteria as a function of parameter types.
- Data Analysis Standards: Develop, evaluate and maintain data analysis standards covering: statistical limit setting (including methods for aggregating statistics), yield prediction tools (Cpk analysis), tools and formats as a function of the parameter type.
- Characterization Infrastructure: Design and development of software and hardware for design validation, performance optimization, characterization and production test of RFICs. Analysis and development of optimization techniques for rapid characterization and test.
- Analysis Tool Development: Develop characterization and test data analysis tools to stream line characterization (CPK analysis) and improve ATE capability understanding (GR&R).
- Status Reporting: Provide periodic status reporting to internal customers and management.
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant experience; MSEE and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to analyze RF systems for accurate measurement of large signal RF Front ends
- Proficient in schematic capture, RF system integration and PCB design experience
- Detailed knowledge of the follow components: RF switches, PAs, LNAs, PLLs, Mixers and filters
- Proficiency in software tools such as ADS and software for test development (Matlab, C#, LabVIEW, Python, NI TestStand)
- Familiarity with Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and Power Meters
- RF Test Experience: Gain; S-Parameter; P1dB; IP2/IP3; Phase Noise; Noise Figure
- Experience with automating lab instruments and optimizing measurements for speed
- Knowledge of analog and RF IC design for commercial applications in bulk and/or SOI CMOS technologies
- Strong team player with demonstrated out-of-the-box thinking and driving tasks to completion
- Fundamental understanding of non-linear measurements and system noise performance
- Strength in documentation clarity and completeness
- Familiarity with RFFE MIPI, I2C and SPI digital interfaces
- Familiarity with mmWave 5G Technology
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary