Scientific Applications Software Engineer
Contract position 12+ months M-F 40 hours weekly, On Site SCIF
NOTE: Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance – Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5 year scope and approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
Will be part of a team developing, reviewing, testing, and maintaining modeling algorithms for simulations and analyses of imaging systems. Will be responsible for working with a large system engineering and analysis team to provide the necessary infrastructure, processes, and software engineering discipline to enable the seamless execution of large end-to-end simulations and analyses. This will include supporting and running analyses using these tools, which will include interaction with customers regarding data and parameter sets. Will have significant interaction with analysts, developers, system engineers, external partners and the sponsor. Will assist in the ongoing software development of the Image Chain Analysis in Python (ICAP), Scene Generation Implemented Consistently (ScenIC), and System for End-to-End Results (SEER). Will be assisting in architecting of infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or Master's degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or PhD degree in Computer Science and 1 year of related experience.
- Experience in programming in Python and C/C++ in Linux environment.
- Experience in development of scripts in Python or bash to automate tasks in Linux environment.
- Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn new software techniques and mathematical algorithms.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience using Git, a revision control system.
- Exposure to Agile software development.
- Familiarity with DevOps/DataOps.
- Familiarity with dask or similar scientific data processing pipeline.
- Experience in using MATLAB.
- Familiarity with Anaconda and conda environments.
- Experience in working with and developing models for scientific computing, especially in the areas of imaging sensors and image processing.
- Experience working with a team to turn prototype algorithms into delivered software products.
- Experience managing software build processes with CMake in Linux environment.
- Understanding of concepts of large-volume data processing.
NOTE: Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5 year scope and approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.