Security Operations Specialist
Six plus month assignment with conversion potential
Active Top Secret Clearance
The Security Operations Specialist will identify, report, and resolves security violations with the following tasks:
- Ensure that all information systems security related incidents and violations are immediately reported, data is collected, investigations/interviews are coordinated, and corrective measures are implemented.
- Provide detailed security briefings on a regular basis in support of customer organizational directives.
- Assist the systems security office in the effective analysis, operation, maintenance, documentation, training and ongoing support of security systems in maintaining security accountability and reinforcing appropriate security practices.
- Write and update various SOP's, KB Articles, and scripts as needed to affect proper security procedures are current in a changing environment.
- 4+ years of experience in security operations and understanding of Cybersecurity and process and policy across DoD and Civilian agencies.
- BS/BA in Business, IT, Cybersecurity or equivalent.
- Linux, Windows Server, and workstation environment familiarity
- Ability to develop custom scripts (bash and Windows Powershell or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of various assessment tools including Tenable Nessus HP Webinspect, AppDetective, nmap, and related
- NOC, SOC, operations, data center or similar experience preferred
- NIST and RMF familiarity
Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance
Recommended: CISSP or other IT and security-related certifications
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary