Security Risk Management
Six plus month assignment with conversion opportunity.
Active Top Secret Clearance
Security Risk Management Specialist
- Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Evaluate threats, assess their likelihood and impact, and develop a decision heat map that plots potential risks against the cost and effort required to protect against them.
- Develop a cyber security incident response plan, which includes, but is not limited to, outlining the fundamental steps of inventorying protected data, classifying incidents, understanding threats and setting up a command center.
- Establish security administration processes and procedures in accordance with FAM guidance, recognized NIST information systems security standards and recommendations, Federal CIO Council's Best Security Practices, and ISO 17799 (Information Security Management) standards.
- Execute a project to standardize and automate the distribution of baselined enterprise licensed operating systems and applications with the necessary configurations to meet the compliance standards (Gold Disk).
**Position will be at the client site in Washington, DC and, at times, in the headquarters in McLean, VA.
Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10-12 years of experience, Master’s Degree with 8-10 years of experience in Computer Science/Engineering or other related field required. (Desired)
- Experience in an Operations Environment (NOC/SOC, Data Center or similar experience), Familiarity with Network, Enterprise and Domain Security, Active Directory design and deployment and significant experience assessing, analyzing, and evaluating complex systems issues in a heterogeneous Microsoft, Linux, Oracle infrastructure.
- Experience with Nessus Pro, Tenable Security Center, and Splunk Preferred
- CISSP or other IT and security-related certifications
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary