Security Specialist 3 (CPSO)
Direct Hire Full Benefits
Must be a US Citizen with Active Top Secret Clearance
The Security Specialist position will perform Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) or Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) duties, interacting with all levels of technical staff, program management and the executive staff.
This position provides program security support in the form of classification guidance, interpreting and applying government sponsor’s policies and procedures and ensuring that a compliant security program is established and maintained. If needed they will establish and assist in administering special security provisions at subcontractor locations. Will demonstrate sound decision making by utilizing a collective knowledge of government policies and procedures and have thorough understanding of OPSEC in their own work. Performs with limited supervision in both a team environment as well as an independent contributor.
- Strong knowledge of NISPOM, ICD series, DoD 5205.07 (v1-4) and DOD 5105.21_M (v1-3), and other misc. regulatory documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Bachelors Degree or comparable work experience. Candidates with a background in Industrial Security, Technology, Business Administration or other related disciplines preferred
- 5-8 years industrial security experience in government Special Programs with the ability to;
- Disseminate and apply DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) security requirements. Recommend changes to company procedures as needed.
- Act as liaison with external customers and program management.
- Mentor and train other security personnel.
- Manage and plan the construction and/or modification of special program work areas to meet the government’s physical security specifications
- Ensure accuracy of receipt and dispatch, document control, personnel and combination records.
- Submit Personnel Access Requests (PARs) and nominations for employees to special programs.
- Maintain document control for special program areas.
- Maintain COMSEC accountability for SCI special programs to include encryption devices, secure telephones (STE), and classified communication networks.
- Investigate and files necessary reports of security infractions and violations and prepares written investigative reports.
- Maintain compliance by coordinating with company contractors to ensure the maintenance, repair, and integrity of access control and alarm systems.
- Coordinate and conduct security education briefings.
- Support Business Development by providing security requirements and the estimation of security support for proposals.
- Keep laboratory Directors appraised of security changes in government security requirements and procedures.
- Participate as an active member of special security working groups in the SAP and SCI community.
- Initiate security plans to meet contractual requirements.
- Submit periodic reviews for continued access, scheduling polygraphs and program briefings
- Respond to after-hours alarms and emergency conditions.
- Perform courier duties in the local area and in the U.S as needed
- Assist in other security areas as needed for inspections, events, and special activities.
- Successful completion of an IC Contractor Special Security Office course.
- Preferred experience within a DOD and/or IC R&D laboratory environment
- Ability to coordinate and conduct security briefings
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned
Security Requirement: Active TS is required.