Contract 6+ months M-F 40 hours weekly
This position serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced multifaceted environment.
Responsibilities will include interfacing with potential and current suppliers, writing and releasing RFP/RFQ, reviewing proposed terms & conditions and negotiating agreements. Applicant should have a keen interest in business/contract law, excellent communication skills, and the ability to develop recommendations to senior staff to support solutions to moderate to complex problems.
- Follows established procedures, practices, policies and U.S. Government regulation to contact vendors, obtain quotations, examine bids, make awards, place orders and expedite delivery of goods/services in support of U.S. Government sponsored awards.
- Collaborate with Program teams and senior leadership to prepare and dispatch complex POs, to include reviewing content, providing sufficient and compliant source and price justification, and risk management strategy.
- Lead negotiations involving Terms of Purchase, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clauses and agreements of moderate complexity.
- Manages heavy requisition workload to procure a variety of commodities and services.
- Conducts market research and develops requests for quotations and proposals.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Obtains proposals/quotations.
- Assist company program/functional offices in the preparation and complete the successful execution of an RFP/RFQ in a timely manner.
- Examines bids including performing price and/or cost analysis and ensures conformity with the RFP/RFQ requirements, U.S. Government regulation and addresses any deviations.
- Reviews terms and conditions, identify areas that deviate from company policy and document assessment of risk and potential mitigation strategies to be reviewed with CSPP management team.
- Prepares pre-negotiation recommendations on price and terms and conditions
- Negotiates purchase including price/cost and coordinates negotiation of terms and conditions and makes awards.
- Develop strong file documentation to satisfy departmental requirements including writing clear, concise, and adequate procurement summaries, documenting source selection and price/cost analysis.
- Prepares and maintains purchasing file for electronic attachment to PO in ERP system
- Ensure that vendors comply with schedule and financial requirements of purchase orders, notifies vendor if not acceptable.
- Documents actions in Purchasing file to satisfy internal and U.S. Government audits and purchasing system review requirements.
- Interacts with other Draper Departments (i.e., Technical, Legal, Accounting, Property, Contracts, Receiving, etc.), when necessary.
- Reviews their open requisition/purchase orders to ensure orders are being placed in a prioritized and timely manner and that expected due dates of items/services are current.
- Closes-out assigned purchase orders/requisition orders in a timely manner.
- Provides procurement counsel and advice to requisitioners.
- Participates in revisions to Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the timely dissemination of pertinent information to interested and cognizant client personnel.
- Makes recommendations to Supervisor for streamlining the procurement process within client.
- Participates in special assignments from Supervisor, including government audits.
- Arranges and coordinates vendor visits and in-house meetings.
- Assist senior management with reporting data and compiling audit information as required.
- Research issues of moderate complexity and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Assist with special projects that require significant skill, knowledge, and business acumen.
- Special assignments and cross-training (Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement, Property) is encouraged.
- Bachelors degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience; procurement experience. MA/MBA/JD preferred.
- Working knowledge of the FAR, various other Government regulations (e.g., DFARS, ITAR, etc.) and negotiating experience is also required.
- Extensive experience in contracts administration in the Government and Commercial field is strongly preferred.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to quickly understand processes and ensure adherence to the same.
- Must be able to deploy a systematic approach to work, and must have an aptitude for performing work functions in a timely and well organized manner with limited oversight.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and communication skills that can be deployed to collaborate effectively with different functional teams on a variety of topics.
- Knowledge of contracting principles and government contracting requirements preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a government clearance.
- Assist with special projects, as required.
- Experience with an ERP system, PeopleSoft preferred.