You will be responsible for purchasing components and maintaining an open line of communication with a variety of suppliers.
This position communicates daily with the production control team on component issues, the accounting department on costing/invoicing concerns, the quality department on NCR's and receiving inspections, and our engineering team on ECO's. Our buyers are continually working with our suppliers to improve supplier on-time delivery.
This Sr. Buyer will also initiate cost down activities. The focus of this position is Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs), cable assemblies and other electronic components. This will involve working with contract manufacturers, cable manufacturers and COTS suppliers. Other commodity categories will be added to this position based on overall workload.
Required skills and responsibilities:
· Support Production MRP requirements for electronic components (PCBAs, cables, etc.)
· Develop partnerships with electronic component suppliers
· Execute NPI material requirements (time to market needs)
· Review open orders – expedite when required
· Participate in supplier audits
· Implement Kanban agreements
· Monitor supplier OTD and QPPM supplier scorecard
· Proven or demonstrable negotiation skills · MS Office (Word, Excel) · Outstanding communication and analytical skills · Timing and a sense of urgency is a critical function of this role · Experience working with shifting priorities and moving deadlines · Good Project Management experience
· APICS or Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience preferred · MRP and Engineering Design tool experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Operations Management or related field. · Candidates with professional certifications will be preferred
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary