Work remotely a few days per week
The primary responsible will be for purchasing components and maintaining communication with a variety of suppliers.
The buyers are continually working with our suppliers to improve supplier on-time delivery.
The focus of this position is on machined parts. The Senior Buyer will work with local, US & international machine part suppliers to match machined parts with supplier capabilities, manage the relationships with these suppliers, place and track purchase orders and work with the suppliers on quality, delivery and cost.
· You will support production MRP requirements for machined parts
· Develop partnerships with machined parts suppliers
· Execute NPI material requirements (time to market needs)
· Review open orders – expedite when required
· Participate in supplier audits
· Monitor supplier OTD and QPPM supplier scorecards
Required: · Proven or demonstrable negotiation skills
· MS Office (Word, Excel)
· Outstanding communication and analytical skills
· Able to work within a schedule driven environment. Timing and a sense of urgency is a critical function of this role
· Experience working with shifting priorities and moving deadlines
· Good Project Management experience
· APICS or Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience preferred
· MRP and Engineering Design tool (SolidWorks or equivalent) experience required
· Ability to read machined part prints and understanding of GD&T essential Education Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree required with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing, Planning and Manufacturing environmentIt is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population
Job Status: Contract/Temporary