Senior DevOps Engineer - Integration Services
Contract M-F 40 hours weekly, 12-18 months
The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in supporting our existing infrastructure, and help us bring that infrastructure into the cloud. We automate, build tools and pipelines, and create infrastructures in order to support application development. The mission is to get the Wilton software development infrastructure up to DevOps maturity level 5.
Primary duties – Driving Architectural Improvement in SCM and Build.
The role will work in a Development Operations Team (DevOps), architecting, supervising and continuously improving state-of-the-art build, continuous integration, development and test infrastructures. A successful candidate will be expected to work in a team tasked with providing infrastructures capable of delivering products of the highest quality from our software developers and test engineers. The candidate would be expected to assist in architecting and implementing automation using the following tools and methodologies:
- Experience in the DevOps ways of working – preferably centered on Atlassian Tooling - to provide infrastructures with a high level of integration between ticketing systems (Atlassian JIRA), continuous integration systems (GitHub Actions), documentation and knowledge sharing systems (Atlassian Confluence) and version control systems (Atlassian Bitbucket or GitHub).
- Participate in a team working on the provision of automated tooling to facilitate the highest quality code production. To include continuous integration plans that continually measure and report code quality in terms of style, correctness and conformance to Client’s standards guidelines.
- Asist in the implementation of build breakage avoidance tooling to include mandated code review and pre-commit test branch continuous integration using TRYBUILD and Unit testing frameworks.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of robust and maintainable build and deployment plans for a range of Client scanner products.
- Be a champion and mentor for an “Agile” way of working. Display a willingness/ability to participate in a SCRUM team to continuously deliver improvements in all areas of Development Operations.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field; with a preference for degrees in Computer Science/Engineering or Physics.
Preferred candidates will have experience with three or more of the following:
- Solid communication skills in verbal and written English
- Solid scripting skills – Bash / GoLang and Python.
- Experience in web programming using Django
- Strong understanding of SCM branching strategies and the use of git/bitbucket/GitHub.
- Strong UNIX skills – preferable Linux
- Experience with Release Engineering processes and software development cycles..
- Experience with build automation technologies (3yrs) – creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using either GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Experience with Test automation frameworks – Qtest, Zepher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.